If you have any questions, please contact the expo team at email@example.com or +1 (302) 738-7100.
Booth Assignments: Returning Exhibitors for the 2013 Exposition
- Companies submitting an application for an onsite booth assignment for the 2013 expo by the published deadline will be given an appointment to select their space on either the Thursday or Friday prior to the 2012 expo in Anaheim. Appointments will be scheduled based upon the number of Priority Points that a company holds, from greatest to least. **See below to learn how Priority Points will be awarded.
- Companies not submitting an onsite booth assignment application may select their booth location from the spaces remaining after onsite booth assignment appointments have concluded. Participating in onsite booth assignments guarantees space selection in Priority Point order.
- Appointment times for onsite booth assignments (based on Priority Point order) will be delivered via email approximately 8 weeks prior to the exposition.
- Companies who miss their booth assignment appointment will have a space selected for them by Show Management in the best available location at the time of their appointment so that they do not lose their Priority Point position.
- Exhibiting companies –regardless of the number of sub-exhibitors within the space – may reserve a maximum of 50’ of exhibit space along the central broad way and/or 50’ at expo entrances. Once 50’ on the central broad way/expo entrances has been reserved, additional space may be reserved directly behind the booth on the central broad way or at expo entrances and/or a minimum of 50’ off the central broad way/expo entrances. Based upon the overall status of booths sales and booth sizes needed by subsequent exhibitors, the guideline regarding booths that are 50’ off the broad way/expo entrances may be reduced so that all available expo space can be sold.
How 2013 Expo Booths Will Be Assigned after Onsite Booth Assignments Have Closed
- Beginning October 27, 2012, after onsite booth assignments have concluded in Anaheim, PMA will accept 2013 booth applications from new companies and those returning companies who chose not to participate in the onsite booth assignment process.
- Booth assignments are fulfilled in the order in which applications are received with full payment. It may take up to 24 hours for PMA to process your application and assign your booth. Booths will be assigned based upon availability at the time your application is processed.
How Priority Points are Awarded
Priority Points will be based on an annual term beginning August 1, 2011 through July 31, 2012 and will be reset each year.
Priority Points will be awarded for 2013 booth selection in three categories and are based on the participation of the exhibiting company who holds the contract with PMA only:
- Fresh Summit Exhibitor Loyalty
- Earn 2 Priority Points for each year exhibiting in Fresh Summit
- Additional Priority Points will be awarded when a company reaches key milestones:
- 25 years as an exhibitor: 5 bonus Priority Points
- 50 years: 10 bonus Priority Points
- 75 years: 15 bonus Priority Points
- PMA Member Loyalty
- Earn 1 Priority Point for each consecutive year of membership (if membership lapses, Priority Point count resets)
- Participation with PMA and the PMA Foundation for Industry Talent
- Earn 1 Priority Point for every $3,000 US paid and received by PMA
- Areas of participation for the exhibiting company holding the booth contract with PMA include:
- Event registrations for any PMA and/or PMA Foundation event
- Participation in any PMA exposition
- Sponsorship or advertising with PMA and/or the PMA Foundation
- PMA Foundation campaign contributions
- Contribution to PMA’s Gold Circle program
- Miscellaneous Other Participation (New Products Showcase spaces, meeting room rentals, etc.)
Exhibiting As Part of a Pavilion
Priority points for companies that indicate they will be part of a pavilion on their onsite booth application shall be awarded as follows:
- Companies within the pavilion will individually earn points in all three categories as outlined above (based on each submitting a separate booth application)
- Total pavilion points will be calculated by adding together:
- points from the company with the longest “Fresh Summit Exhibitor Loyalty”
- points from the company with the longest “PMA Member Loyalty” and
- points from the company with the greatest “Participation”
- Total pavilion points may be made up of points from just one company or up to three separate companies
"If you are player in the produce industry, Fresh Summit is a "must" for anyone who wants to be ahead of the curve on where the industry is headed."
How Points Can Be Lost
Points can be taken away for the following reasons:
- Early Tear Down - dismantling a booth prior to the ending of the show on the last show day can lead to a loss of all accumulated points for the year in which the violation occurs. Exhibitors will receive one warning from a PMA floor manager. If tear down continues, show management will present them with notification that they will not be awarded priority points for the current show. Repeat violations can lead to the loss of all points.
- Solicitation of customers outside the booth area can lead to a loss of all accumulated points for the year in which the violation occurs. Repeat violations can lead to the loss of all points.
- Violations of any show rules can lead to the loss of accumulated points, at the discretion of show management.
|Pavilion A||Fresh Summit Exhibitor Loyalty||PMA Member Loyalty||Participation|
Transferring Credit to Another Company
Credit for each of the three award categories may be transferred from one exhibiting company to another within the set annual award period under the following circumstances:
- If one exhibiting company acquires another member/exhibiting company or
- If a merger occurs between two member/exhibiting companies.
- Determination of credit will be made on a case-by-case basis and will be based on the specific terms of the acquisition and/or merger.
Contact a member of the Expo Team for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation & Downsizing Policy
Any company submitting written notice of cancellation of all or any portion of exhibit space on or before May 31, 2013, shall receive a refund of all fees paid, minus a $150 processing fee. After May 31, 2013, no refunds for full or partial space cancellations will be issued. Any booth with an outstanding balance after May 31, 2013 is subject to release and all corresponding benefits will be forfeited. Reductions in booth size may result in the relocation of a booth. All efforts will be made to avoid relocation and any changes in booth size that require relocation will be discussed in advance with exhibitors.